Saturday, November 10, 2007

Porutgalete, Bilbao


In the picture we can see Portugalete's "Puente Colgante" next to the town hall (the building in blue). These are the most important sites of my hometown. I wasn't born there but all my life has been developed there. I actually live in Barakaldo, but I've spent 14 years living there and most of the people I know is from there.

The history of this village started in the 14th century when it became a village. With the years, it became a very important port and nowadays it has one of the most important monuments which is the transporter bridge, "Puente Colgate".

But the best thing about Portugalete is the festivals. There you can have a good time with your friends and you can taste a typical drink from there which is called "Kalimotxo". This drink is made mixing wine and coke.

No comments: